robwebset
Site Mod

TvTunes Support Thread

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:49 pm

TvTunes has grown over time and is now more than a simple theme player for TV Shows, some of the features include:
  • Play themes while navigating TV Shows
  • Play themes while navigating Movies
  • Play themes while navigating Music Videos
  • Download themes from a selection of differrent websites
  • Play video themes in addition to audio themes
  • Screensaver that plays the themes and shows fanart, cast and thumbnails (See: TvTunesScreensaver)

It is a feature rich and very configurable addon with numerous settings to allow you to fine-tune it to your own requirements.

More details, and how to use the addon can be viewed on the wiki:

Add-on:TvTunes

You can install this addon from: URepo

Important If You Use Confluence (Kodi v15.2 Only)

If you update to Kodi 15.2 and use confluence with TvTunes, you may notice that Confluence looks pretty awful when a theme starts playing. This was due to:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid ... pid2136795

To get it looking nice again, download the following zip and install it just like any other addon, then restart Kodi.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v3j9 ... sp=sharing

Donations

If you have found TvTunes useful and would like to help support future development and bug fixes, then please feel free to make a small donation.

orangesky

Re: TvTunes Support Thread

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the mod to allow the setting of both the audio and video theme start times, it works a treat and in my opinion it makes a big difference (I use 0 for audio and 10 for video). Also, it's the first time I've had a chance to try setting the trailer as the video theme file.

1) Will this tvtunes.nfo file work (I am trying to make it work now, but I think I might be barking up the wrong tree):

Code: Select all

<tvtunes>
    <file>theme.mp3</file>
    <file><regexp>-trailer\.(mp4|mkv|avi|mov|MP4|MKV|AVI|MOV)$</regexp></file>
</tvtunes>

and does this file go in here: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.tvtunes ?

2) Also, can you add the ability to play .webm video files please?

3) Also, did you do something to change the text of the playing progress bar, so it now says "Theme" instead of the file path (I see both and I'm not sure why one movie is one way and another is the other way - I'd like to just see "Theme" all the time)?

Thanks!!!

robwebset
Site Mod

Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:22 am

Hi orangesky,

To cover your questions:

1) The tvtunes.nfo file goes next to the video file and points to the themes, for the videos in that directory. There is no support for regex in tvtunes.nfo, added a clarification about it's location in the wiki:

https://github.com/robwebset/script.tvt ... le_Support

2) Added webm support in the following beta, please can you test and make sure it works for you - then I'll do an official publish

<Now published in URepo repository>

3) I think that behaviour is delivered by your skin rather than TvTunes.

Thanks
Rob

orangesky

Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi Rob,

1) Any chance you can simplify this for me please by adding an option, which says if a video theme file isn't present then use trailer instead (any file format mkv,avi,mp4,mov,webm) and if selected, it then allows you to enter a file search word (for me it will be "-trailer")?

Something like this:
Use Trailer If Video Theme Is Missing: ON/OFF
Trailer Search Word: [text box] (default value of "trailer" and only enabled when previous option is ON)

2) Brilliant, it works! webm files now play. Thank you!

3) OK, I'll follow this up in the relevant skin forum when I get a chance and let you know if I solve it (in case someone else asks you)

Cheers, merry xmas and a happy new year!

Pete

robwebset
Site Mod

Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:02 pm

OK, so I've added this for you (it is nearly Christmas after all).

A new beta available at the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v3j9 ... sp=sharing

This adds the new option in the settings "Use Trailer Video If No Theme Available"

https://github.com/robwebset/script.tvt ... ile_System

If enabled (disabled by default) then it will search for a trailer (any file with -trailer in it's name - I believe this is pretty standard) ONLY IF there is no theme available for the given video.

Please can you give this a go and let me know how it works for you.

Thanks
Rob

orangesky

Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:19 pm

Hey Rob,

That is working! It definitely makes it a lot simpler for me. But...

It's almost spot on, but (sorry) when I press "Play Trailer" (my remote is set up to send multiple keys to open Info screen and select trailer), the trailer starts in full screen mode (which is exactly what I want), but after 1 second it stops and switches back to the menu and re-starts the theme (in my case, this is the same trailer file). Fix this and I'll send Santa your way ;-)

Cheers!

Pete

robwebset
Site Mod

Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:17 am

Hi Pete,

There are always issues knowing when to stop themes - the issue is because it's the same file starting that is the theme playing (Which does not normally happen in other cases).

The only way I can think of reliably stopping the trailer being played as a theme and not impacting the request to play the trailer is that when the Information Dialog is displayed, stop the trailer-theme. (On Confluence you can't really see the video when you are looking at the Video Information screen anyway).

Please can you try out the following and see how you get on:

<Now published in official URepo repository>

(Please try playing the theme manually first before your shortcut remote control keys - When you have the automation option I'm hoping TvTunes has a chance to react to the Video Information screen before your automation select the "Play Trailer" button - if not it may be a case that you'll need a small gap between the display Information screen and play trailer operation).

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks
Rob

orangesky

Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi Rob,

That didn't work, although I think it works better than before (hard to tell as I was only testing 1 movie before - that movie seems to work). Even on the same movie it might work and then it might not. In the remote control's button sequence for playing a trailer, I tried adding a 1 second delay between the Info screen and the Play Trailer - no joy.

Also, I found a second issue. It affects movie file names suffixed " 3D HSBS". That's the Kodi way of knowing when to ask what screen mode to play 3D files. The trailer file name has to contain the same name as the movie + "-trailer". So, when the trailer is played as a theme, Kodi asks me to select the screen mode.

Really hoping you can fix this, as I've come a long way to get here, I'd hate to have to give up. Happy to keep testing solutions.

Cheers!

Pete

robwebset
Site Mod

Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi Pete,

Just to clarify with the trailer stopping - does it still prevent you playing the trailer is you navigate manually?

Also - what happens if you have a delay of 5 seconds for your remote shortcut - if that always work then maybe start reducing it each time until you get the shortest period that always works.

With regards to the 3D options - I don't have anything that can play 3d (or any 3d sources) so it isn't something I know anything about. Maybe post in the Kodi forum (as I can't) to see if there are any suggestions as to how you get trailers for 3D videos not to supply this prompt (Or if there is a way to play them via the python interface without getting the prompt).

Thanks
Rob

Edit: Another option is to see if it picks up the trailer for the 3D video without the "3D HSBS" bit

orangesky

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I added a Stop command to the beginning of the remote control sequence and two 1 second pauses. Now when I press Trailer on the remote it does: Stop, 1 Sec Delay, Info, 1 Sec Delay, Play Trailer. Also, removing " 3D HSBS" from the trailer file name is a good enough solution.

This appears to work. I will continue to test and let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

Pete

Return to “Add-ons”