robwebset
Site Mod

VideoExtras Support Thread

Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:32 am

VideoExtras is an addon that allows you to list and view your DVD or Bluray extras via Kodi.

For more details on how to use VideoExtras please refer to the wiki:

Add-on:VideoExtras

You can install this addon from: URepo

Donations

If you have found VideoExtras useful and would like to help support future development and bug fixes, then please feel free to make a small donation.

agb2

Re: VideoExtras Support Thread

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:13 pm

What is the likelihood of a v18 compatible version?
TIA.

robwebset
Site Mod

Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi agb2,

v18? - v17 isn't GA yet :D

I generally don't update addons until the given Kodi release is stable and in RC1 - there are too many bugs in early versions. I think v17 should be supported in the current version of VideoExtras.

Thanks
Rob

agb2

Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:19 am

Hi Rob, thanks for replying.
100.3.1 is fine in v17 [as was 100.3.0], but the 'display extras' window doesn't work if 'extended mode' is selected.
The log contains something like 'control 51 in window 13001 was asked to focus but can't'.
I've tried fiddling with script-videoextras-main.xml, but no joy as yet.
Cheers, Alan

agb2

Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:36 am

I should have mentioned that this is on a Pi3 with the Milhouse LE builds, both V17 and v18 [I dual boot the Pi].
I appreciate that you wouldn't want to update a load of addons on an unstable base/API, just thought I'd mention it :-}

tledford

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:40 am

Rob, as you're probably aware, the Kodi guys have deleted your skinning instructions from the Kodi wiki. I'd really like to run Krypton with the Estuary (or Estuary MOD) skin, but neither supports videoextras.

I love and rely on videoextras extensively and if necessary I'll hack the skin to support it and re-hack it with every update. This addon is indispensable to me and the Kodi repo currently has nothing with anything like your addon's functionality for bonus materials.

Would you consider posting the skinning instructions here, or on Github?

TIA,
TL

robwebset
Site Mod

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:51 am

Hi tledford,

There is still a copy of the old wiki at the following location:

https://github.com/robwebset/script.videoextras/wiki

But if people are interested I may be able to create another button in the VideoExtras settings to update the Estuary skin - what features are needed - just a button on the video Info screen? (The context menu option should still work on all skins). Do people use/need the overlay images for things that have extras?

Thanks
Rob
P.S. Thank you for the donation :D

tledford

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Thank you for the reply and the link, Rob.

The overlay graphic is personally useful to me, but how elegantly it could be incorporated varies from skin to skin and also from view to view within a single skin (hope that makes sense); it all depend on whether or not there is room for the overlay. Estuary's "List" viewtype, for example, would be hard-pressed to fit the overlay in without reducing the width of the other overlay graphics.

FWIW, on the context menu, with Krypton RC4, Extras does NOT appear in the context menu of Estuary. Same case with the Estuary MOD skin. With Xonfluence, the addon functions exactly as it did with Xonfluence on Jarvis, it's in the context menu, the list and info views, etc. Again, this is what will probably be the final RC, though, not the GA version yet. And with Estuary and Estuary MOD, the addon is still usable if you just "Run" it, since it produces a list of movies that HAVE addons. Not nearly as "get it at a glance" as the overlay, however.

I'll take a look at the skinning guide, again, thank you for the link.

tledford

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:54 pm

robwebset wrote:Hi tledford,

There is still a copy of the old wiki at the following location:

https://github.com/robwebset/script.videoextras/wiki

But if people are interested I may be able to create another button in the VideoExtras settings to update the Estuary skin - what features are needed - just a button on the video Info screen? (The context menu option should still work on all skins). Do people use/need the overlay images for things that have extras?

Thanks
Rob
P.S. Thank you for the donation :D

And I just realized I didn't answer your questions, at least not clearly; see below.

Q. "what features are needed - just a button on the video Info screen?"
A. That would be great, Rob, but I'm not seeing anything in the context menus for Estuary or Estruary MOD, either.

Q. "Do people use/need the overlay images for things that have extras?"
A. I do, and anecdotally (from the Kodi forums), I would say many others do, too.

I'm sure you are aware that many, many people use, rely on and appreciate VideoExtras. One of the single most useful addons I've found in Kodi (I started using XBMC with Gotham).

robwebset
Site Mod

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi tledford,

Thanks for the info - just did a very quick test on v17-RC4 (Estuary) and the context menu for Video Extras appears to be there OK.

Do you have it enabled in the settings?

Thanks
Rob

Return to “Add-ons”