robwebset
Site Mod

eBooks Support Thread

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:46 pm

eBooks is an addon that allows you to list and view your epub, mobi and pdf eBooks using Kodi.

After installation go to settings and point it to the directory containing your eBooks. Then you can navigate to the eBooks addon in the "Programs" section to view your eBooks. For more information on it's features please see the wiki:

Add-on:EBooks

You can install this addon from: URepo

Donations

If you have found eBooks useful and would like to help support future development and bug fixes, then please feel free to make a small donation.

xessive

Re: eBooks Support Thread

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi Rob,

Really impressed with the ebook addon, looks really slick. Was wondering if anything in scope to enable a synopsis type view. I guess similar to how movies are presented in Kodi. The cover looks great but would be really nice to see a summary.

Thanks

robwebset
Site Mod

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi xessive,

An interesting idea - I'll take a look and see what I can do.

It may take a little time for me to get round to it - I've still got several feature/update requests outstanding for some of my other addons.

If you follow this thread, I'll post here when/if I manage to get it done.

Thanks
Rob

robwebset
Site Mod

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi xessive,

I had a bit of time and fancied taking a look at this one, it sort of jumped the queue because I was interested to see if there was a way for me to do it, the good news is that it can be done!

I have pushed a new version (v100.5.0) that includes the following additions:

Code: Select all

- Display book descriptions when available on some skins
- Display book title and author on chapter screen on some skins
- Added support for album art and fan art for book folders
- Support different fanart for each book

The ability to see the book description (if the eBook has one of course) is dependent on the Skin and if it displays the Plot for the ListItem. I couldn't get it going in v16.1 and Confluence - however for v17 and Estuary it seems to display quite nicely.

If you have long descriptions, remember to update the skin settings to enable "Scrolling Plots".

Oh, and if you already have books loaded - you'll need to do a clean database from the eBooks settings (otherwise you will only see the descriptions for new books).

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks
Rob

xessive

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi Rob,

Thanks for such quick reply. Have tested in new skins in v17 and confirm works as you describe. Although am struggling to get used to the new skin!

Pity can't be used in confluence but understand the restraint with the view settings.

Great job again, very much appreciated

Many Thanks

zag
Site Admin

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:33 pm

xessive wrote:Thanks for such quick reply. Have tested in new skins in v17 and confirm works as you describe. Although am struggling to get used to the new skin!

You will get used to it ;)

Any change is hard sometimes at first but the features of the new skin really grow on you over time..

peppe_sr

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:10 pm

hi,
i'm having a problem with ebook addon trying to display ebooks stored in my nas.
here the pastebin with the error, it is without debug log activated
http://pastebin.com/raw/Qc79a6UP
let me know if it's enough.
kodi 17.1 windows 10
Peppe

robwebset
Site Mod

Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:17 am

Hi peppe_sr,

Looks like a character encoding issue. Please can you try the following and see if it fixes the issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v3j9 ... sp=sharing

Thanks
Rob

peppe_sr

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am

it works.
thank you
Peppe

peppe_sr

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:49 am

what does the addon each time i enter in it to browse the ebooks? it scans the whole directory? i pointed a folder with about 400 books and it took a bit of time to open it
Peppe

Return to “Add-ons”