robwebset
Site Mod

AudioBooks Support Thread

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:21 am

AudioBooks is an addon that allows you to list and play your m4b AudioBooks using Kodi. (As well as an improved interface for mp3/flac audiobooks)

Please read the wiki for details on how to get the best out of the AudioBooks addon, including m4b chapter support:

Add-on:AudioBooks

You can install this addon from: URepo

Note: It is strongly recommended, if you are not running on Windows, that you also install the script.module.ffmpeg addon as detailed in the Wiki.

Donations

If you have found AudioBooks useful and would like to help support future development and bug fixes, then please feel free to make a small donation.

robwebset
Site Mod

Re: AudioBooks Support Thread

Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi All,

Just published a new version of AudioBooks (v100.8.1) that includes:

Code: Select all

- Fix ffmpeg audiobook support of Kodi v17
- Support Folder.jpg in folders containing only folders
- Support Fanart for audio books
- Delete Support

Thanks
Rob

MrsAngelD

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:06 am

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for this addon. I was wondering if there was any way we could have some sort of option to sync playback progress across kodi installs. Our family uses kodi on several devices and having this be an option would be awesome :)

Thank you so much!

Angel

robwebset
Site Mod

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:28 am

Hi Angel,

I'm wondering if the following would solve this for you?

http://www.urepo.org/addon/15523

Thanks
Rob

MrsAngelD

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:50 am

robwebset wrote:Hi Angel,

I'm wondering if the following would solve this for you?

http://www.urepo.org/addon/15523

Thanks
Rob

Hmmm, I'll have to investigate that, it's too late tonight, but I'll definitely get into it and see how it works. I'll report back once I've tried it :)

Behaelter

Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:44 pm

All of my audiobooks are stored on a server in my network. My TVs access this network via Ethernet and also WiFi as a backup. After installing the audiobooks add-on, I only see the device and external storage access paths (which also opens to local device) to open audiobooks, but I do not see the additional storage locations for smb/network or blue tooth support as I always do with my music and movies within Kodi. Does your add-on provide network support? My media is not stored locally at one TV, but at a server level and I can't seem to access those files from your plugin. Any help would be appreciated.

robwebset
Site Mod

Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:09 am

Hi Behaelter,

Yes, network storage is supported, you'll need to set up a connection on your Kodi installationn, then it should be come available, see:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sour ... te_sources

But if you are storing them on a network, please see the following:

https://github.com/robwebset/script.aud ... rk_Support

Thanks
Rob

voquet

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi,

I recently found your add-on and it's great, but I have an issue with the listing of audio books, specifically if umlauts or special characters are involved. First, at the top part of the list, all episodes with umlauts in their title are listed in alphabetical order, but no author or cover art information is displayed. After that all episodes with special characters are listed alphabetically. but now with author and cover art information. I tried to attach screen shots, but the forum seems to reject them. Feel free to contact me for more details.

If would be nice if you could fix that.

Thanks!

robwebset
Site Mod

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi voquet,

Welcome to the forum. Please would you be able to make one of the problem files available for me to test - if you can PM me a link.

Thanks
Rob

voquet

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:50 pm

robwebset wrote:Please would you be able to make one of the problem files available for me to test - if you can PM me a link.

Hi Rob,
I'm happy to do so, but when I click your username in the forum the section under "Contact robwebset" is empty. Alternatively you should be able to contact me by PM or email, and I'll send you a link to a demo file.

Volker

Return to “Add-ons”