robwebset
Site Mod

VideoScreensaver Support Thread

Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:52 pm

VideoScreensaver is a screensaver that will play a video file when the screensaver starts. It will support playing either a user specified video file, or one of the following pre-defined video files detailed on the Wiki.

Add-on:VideoScreensaver

You can install this addon from: URepo

Special Thanks
I would like to say a big thank you to TechManiacHD for assistance with Screensaver hosting.

Note: The built in screensavers (with the exception of the Apple TV Screensaver videos) are limited to 1 download a day - this is due to bandwidth restrictions, so please be patient.

Donations

If you have found VideoScreensaver useful and would like to help support future development and bug fixes, then please feel free to make a small donation.

neil053

Re: VideoScreensaver Support Thread

Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:19 pm

I have been using this addon for a while and it is real good.. Thanks very much.

robwebset
Site Mod

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:22 pm

neil053 wrote:I have been using this addon for a while and it is real good.. Thanks very much.

Thanks you for the kind words - updated it today to have a few more Apple TV Videos :)

Thanks
Rob

rb0135

Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:19 pm

I have been using your screensaver for a while and it works great.

However:
Why is it that any new screensaver video I try to download, I get a prompt stating "you" need 50GB free shared space somewhere to house your screensaver videos, yet a previous post to this one states you've add more AppleTV ones? I am not interested in anything to do with Apple or AppleTV. What about all the others?

The version I am using is 100.7.1

robwebset
Site Mod

Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:29 pm

The apple screensaver videos download directly from the apple server - so still work.

The other videos need to be hosted somewhere to make them available :)

Thanks
Rob

dalanik

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:16 pm

Could you upload them somewhere i.e. dropbox or such?

robwebset
Site Mod

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:44 pm

dalanik wrote:Could you upload them somewhere i.e. dropbox or such?

Afraid they are too large and can't be reliably stored in any of the free hosting services.

Rob

robwebset
Site Mod

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have just published a new version of VideoScreensaver (v100.7.2) that has the Screensaver Video download option re-enabled. Please spread the word!!!

I would like to say a big thank you to TechManiacHD for suppling some hosting capacity.

Thanks
Rob

Ned Scott

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Nice :D

TechManiacHD

Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:30 pm

I am happy I could help :)
I have been using VideoScreensaver for years now and always enjoyed it a lot. Also, it makes a nice impression on home guests 8-)
Seeing this message that there is no possibility to download default vids was sad, especially after what robwebset did for us.

Anyway. Please all enjoy it again and download as much as possible :D There is no data transfer limit although it's not the fastest in the world. Should keep around 6-15Mbps for each user.

EDIT 04/02/2017
It seems that there is a daily limit... So if you want to download many videos would be appreciated to spread it through few days. Just an idea :geek:

Best Regards from Poland/Ireland
TechManiacHD
Last edited by TechManiacHD on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Add-ons”