robwebset
Site Mod

URepo Script

Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi Zag, (and anyone else interested)

I had a thought - how about a script.urepo addon that people could (optionally) install that would work in tandum with the URepo webseite.

So one of the features would be the ability to link up your Kodi installation with your URepo account and get the addon to trigger all the addons that you have marked to be installed on your Kodi installation (This can be useful if you have multiple Kodi installations).

http://www.urepo.org/collection/robwebset

In theory other options could be added in future if needed.

Thoughts? I'd be happy to try and put something together if it's something people think could be useful.

Thanks
Rob

zag
Site Admin

Re: URepo Script

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Yep that was the idea of adding the collection feature. Cloud sync your Add-ons to any new installation like Google play does.

I can't help too much with the Kodi stuff, but I can certainly supply an API for it via JSON pretty quickly.

Is it possible to remotely install Add-ons with a script?

robwebset
Site Mod

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Hi Zag,

I'm not 100% sure if I can get an addon to auto-install - but wanted to check if it's something you were interested in before I start working out a sensible way to do this. (I do have an idea that may work - but need to try it out).

I'd hold off writing an API yet - let me see if I can get something to work first :)

Thanks
Rob

robwebset
Site Mod

Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi Zag,

OK, I think I've worked out a way I can get this all working.

When you get a minute please can you put together an API, I guess it just takes a username and returns a list of addons (It would be useful if it could return both the "script.tvtunes" and the title "TvTunes" for each if possible) - did this want to also flag which ones are in the users "Collection" and which ones they have marked as "Loved"?

Thanks
Rob

Edit: Would also be very good if it could return the version of xbmc.python that is used by the addon. (That was I can ensure that only the versions suitable for the current installation are installed)

robwebset
Site Mod

Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi Zag,

I managed to get something that works for installing addons.

https://github.com/robwebset/script.urepo

This version is just hard coded to pretend it found that just RandomScreensaver is in your collection.

It will then prompt you to select which addons you want to install from your URepo collection (in v17 they will be pre-selected). Then it will go ahead and install them :o

So it's just the change to slot in the query to URepo for the users Collection.

I imagine this will be useful for when v17 goes GA and people prefer to do fresh installs.

Thanks
Rob

zag
Site Admin

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Very cool!

Bit busy this weekend upgrading the other sites to PHP7 but will see what I can come up with in a few days.

zag
Site Admin

Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:28 pm

See new beginnings of a JSON API here.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1798&p=2414#p2414

Only user Add-on collections added for now, but it can be extended however people wish.

NOTE: i had to delete all current collected Add-ons from users, please Add to collection again on the main website.

robwebset
Site Mod

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Thanks Zag,

Is there a particular API Key that you'd like me to use for this one?

Thanks
Rob

zag
Site Admin

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:19 am

API key PM'd

Can you encrypt it like you did the other one?

I'm guessing this Add-on is going to be quite revolutionary when the "build" scene works out they can push Add-ons after an install :)

We may have to think about the repercussions of this before it gets too popular...

robwebset
Site Mod

Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi Zag,

Thanks for the API Key - I've now got something that I'm happy with:

https://github.com/robwebset/script.urepo

Tested it a fair bit and always seems to work on the ones that I have tried. Only thing missing is a Logo and a banner ;)

Thanks
Rob

Return to “Ideas and Requests”